Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cooking Confessions

OK, I admit it...I LOVE TO COOK! However, I HATE shopping, HATE the clean-up, HATE coming home from work and doing it, etc., etc. Therefore, I rarely fix anything very spectacular. During the week, the common dialogue between Bob, Maddi, and I consists of the following:
"What's for dinner?"
"I don't know; what sounds good to you?"
"I'm not hungry." 
A few minutes later:
"So...what's for dinner? It's getting late." 
"Nothing; what sounds good to you?"
"I'm still not hungry...I'll get something later." 

It's RIDICULOUS!!!!! We usually end up with something out of a box, running to the store where it costs WAY more than it should have...you know run in to buy milk and come out $50. later... Bob will stop at Ream's on the way home and call me. Same thing, different day. I HATE IT!

A while ago, I found the most AMAZING food blog called "The Girl Who Ate Everything." I have a friend I work with who has a sister-in-law that lives in Ft. Lauderdale (actually in Weston which is a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. She was in Sammi's mission president's ward in Plantation until a couple of months ago.). Her husband plays football for the Miami Dolphins. Of course, anything related to South Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Mission, Sammi, I have to get all the info/details I possibly can! (It's a "Mom thing.") Anyway, I found Christy on Facebook and saw she has a couple of blogs...one of them being TheGirlWhoAteEverything
The Girl Who Ate Everything
Sounds intriguing, right? OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! Here she is, a mother of three little boys, has a football playing hubby, faithful member of the Church, and absolutely adorable! She LOVES to cook and then she shares her fabulous recipes! I've spent hours perusing her blog/recipes and reading her cute commentaries. 

Finally, yesterday I decided it was time to try some. HOLY COW!!!!!!! They're AMAZING!!!!!!! The thing I like best about them is they're made with "normal" ingredients...you know, stuff you have in your cupboard. Well, that is if actually go grocery shopping for more than one meal at a time. So,  I made a list and headed out to the store. I've been so excited to try these recipes and honestly, the ones I've tried have NOT let me down!! 

I'm going to use this as kind of a "recipe book" of my favorites so that when I want to make them again, I can just find them on here. I dare you to try them!! You won't be disappointed and please give Christy and her blog ALL the credit!!

No comments: