Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can laundry be fun??

When we were first married, Bob and I used a laundromat in Salt Lake off 9th East and about 4th South. To say it was a "seedy" neighborhood would be an understatement. It's interesting the kind of people who frequent laundromats...not necessarily to do laundry. So, it didn't take us long to realize we really, really, REALLY wanted our own washer and dryer. Being a poor young married couple, we scrimped and saved and went to Sears (the main appliance store back in the day). We were so proud to put our new washer in the laundry room/closet (yes...it was REALLY a closet in the hall) and the dryer in the kitchen! Doing laundry in that little apartment was interesting but at least we didn't have to be scared anymore.

Fast forward 28 years. We had the same dryer up until about two years ago. It would die; Bob would fix it. We ran each load through twice because it just couldn't get the job done in one round. I can't even count how many washers we've had in those 28 years...some freebies, some hand-me-downs for a small price, some brand new. For whatever reason, we have gone through a LOT of washers versus the two dryers! Weird!!

Ever since I saw the front loader-type, I've wanted them. 
Then when I saw them in 
RED...
well, it's been 
LOVE 
ever since!

So...we've scrimped and saved again and I finally get the washer and dryer "of my dreams"!! 

These BAD BOYS will be delivered any minute and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Maytag Maxima Washer
Maytag Maxima Dryer

Maybe...just maybe...laundry will be "FUN" and get done in a reasonable amount of time... :)

No comments: