Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a Humbling Experience!


I've posted before about my connection and friendship with author, Jason Wright. He's such a great guy and our family has so much fun with him when he's in town, texting, Facebook-ing, etc. Last weekend when the girls and I were at Time Out for Women, there were a couple of times when three or more of us were texting him at the same time! Pretty funny!!

I teach The Seventeen Second Miracle each year in my 9th grade English classes. It's so much fun to see the kids change their perspective and start looking for ways to serve others or recognize ways they have been served in small ways. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and curl up with a Diet Coke (Lime, of course) and enjoy!!


Each week, Jason contributes an article to the Deseret News. As usual, they are inspirational, thought-provoking, and they always get me thinking about how to be a better person. (More often than not, they're pretty darn funny, too...) Anyway, today I was reading SSM with my kids and we get to Chapter 17...a personal favorite (you'll see why when you read it... :) ). I wrote on Jason's wall telling him where we were in the reading and that the kids were really enjoying it. He referred me to the email I'd automatically received about his DN article being available. In a quiet moment, I clicked on the link and began reading. HOLY COW WAS I SURPRISED!!! And humbled!!! And SHOCKED!!!!! I'm not gonna lie...it was pretty cool!!

Check it out!
 

No comments: