Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taking the Potters "home"

The SAD day finally arrived and it was time to help the Potters begin their new adventure. We left for Cedar City in two stuffed vehicles pulling trailers. After MANY stops to retie things down, potty breaks, lunch, etc. we made it to Amanda's parent's home. We were greeted with open arms (they're SOOOOOOO excited they're "home") and then were off to the storage sheds. When we got back, we found Amanda's youngest sister, Sami, and Kobe out riding horses. As they approached, Sami asked if I was ready for my turn. Frankly, to my own shock, I said, "YES!!" She hopped off and I climbed on (she's a pro at helping an "out-of-shape-old-lady" up on a horse!), flip-flops and all. Fortunately, it was a "slow" horse so I had to keep prodding him to go...fine with me! She walked us (Kobe and I) down the road a ways and then Kobe gave her his horse so we could go the rest of the way. It was so much fun!! Of course, Bob had to take pictures for evidence...the kids would NEVER have believed it!

Proof  I did it!

Kobe is a natural!


Sami promised I could ride again next time...I'll be sure to take appropriate shoes. :)

It was really fun to be down there. The Mellings are FABULOUS at hospitality and making you feel completely welcome...so much so that we had a really , REALLY hard time leaving. They kept trying to talk us into staying, tempting me with tickets to the Shakespeare Festival, and everything but we had to leave (my last day of summer vacation is Tuesday). After many more tears, we headed out about 9:00pm and got home safe and sound but with sad hearts at 1:00am. 

We'll miss you Potter family! 
But we'll see you soon!!

No comments: