Monday, August 24, 2009

One day down...179 more to go!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! WAHOO!! I'm absolutely exhausted but it was a good day. Most of my classes seem OK so far; there are a few poo-brains in a few of the classes but I think we can nip those in the bud. Maybe they were all just asleep or waiting to pull out all the stops tomorrow. Whatever the reason, I'm glad today is over and I can move on with something more exciting than disclosures and where the stapler is in the classroom!! :D It was fun to have Maddi stop by after her first day of school and hang out until she had to go to work. I think I'll be seeing a lot of her during my prep and that is TOTALLY fine with me!!!!!

The bright spot, naturally, was my Monday Morning Email!! Normally, the district blocks "Google Chat" but for a few minutes this morning, IT WORKED!!!! Sammi and I were able to chat a bit before she had to sign off and I had to get back to teaching. I have a WONDERFUL principal who believes that is extremely important and told me to do whatever I needed to do on Monday mornings because as he said, "For that one moment in time, you know she's absolutely safe. That's what carries you through the week until the next Monday." What a GREAT guy!! (Too bad he was home with the flu today and missed his first day of school!! Poor guy!!

Check out Sammi's blog for cute new pictures too. She LOVED her "Greenie box!"



No comments: