Friday, August 7, 2009

A GREAT EMAIL TODAY!!

So I was sitting here, feeling sorry for myself, and missing Sammi terribly! I decided to check my email--nothing--went out and moved the water--came back checked my email--AN EMAIL!!!!! I had missed it coming in by three whole minutes!! I know, ridiculous, but when you're missing your baby like this, three minutes is HUGE!!

Anyway, her email was ADORABLE and sounded so much like our little Sammi-Sue. She's doing GREAT and is excited to get to Florida in four more days. Even better than that...WE GET TO TALK TO HER IN FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We absolutely can't wait and from the sounds of it, she can't either! I know we'll all be mopey and depressed when we hang up but the idea of hearing her voice again makes me so excited!!

So, the BEST part of her email is telling us about running into Elder Dez Swain, Maddi's adorable boyfriend. He went into the MTC on Wednesday. Sammi had emailed us and told me to tell him she'd be wearing her lime green shirt that day and for him to look for her. Well, they were in the dinner line and he found her!!!! She said it was AWESOME to see him and they talked for a minute before he went to eat with his companion. While she was eating, she talked to her zone leaders who said the new district coming in was heading to Indiana. NO KIDDING!!!! Long story short, they are in the same zone which means they eat at the same time, have Sacrament Meeting together, zone activities, etc. She said there are over 100 zones down there and they end up in the same one!! The Lord works in mysteriously WONDERFUL ways!!! We've been worried about Dezi and how he was going to handle it...well, the Lord took care of that and put him with his "big sister" so she could keep an eye on him! Like she said, "WHAT ARE THE ODDS???"

Check out her blog for more details!

No comments: