Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Book #1: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I have really resisted reading this book. I've had so many recommend it but it didn't fall into the genres I usually like. However, I bought it last week and decided I'd read it "sometime this summer." After beginning it Saturday morning, I literally couldn't put it down! I just finished it, a little over 24 hours after beginning it and can't wait until I can get my hands on the second one (darn WalMart was out of them last night!)! This book reminded me of The Giver, the short story "The Most Dangerous Game," and was reminiscent of other books I've read but can't put my finger on the titles. The story line completely hooked me and wouldn't let go! Amazing writing Suzanne Collins! Can't wait to read more!

Pages: 374

1 comment:

Sean and Alison said...

Isn't it SO good! I loved that book! The second one is just as awesome and I can't wait until the 3rd finally comes out here soon! They get you hooked! I love Peeta! Go to http://breakdownbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-review-hunger-games.html
it is my friends "book club blog" this is her review of it and the comments has some others...just something fun.
breakdownbooks.blogspot.com for more good reads!