Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Great New Book!

I just want to take a break from reading and highly recommend a GREAT new book by one of my favorite authors, Jason F. Wright.

I'm about half way through and as usual, it's terrific! I've read all his other books: The Christmas Jars, The Wednesday Letters, and The James Miracle (OK...I haven't read that one YET...but as soon as I'm finished with Charles, I've got it to read!!). Jason's books always have a great message about what we can do to be better people!

Last fall, I had the opportunity to invite him to speak to our 9th graders at West Point Jr. High, where I teach, and share his message about service. It was an awesome experience to meet him, hear his thoughts, and see the impact he had on our students' lives. Right after he was there, our school did a service project for Sub for Santa. I got a big jar and had students contribute. In the end, we raised over $1,100. (just my students) which was added to the whole school's totals. It was amazing and very rewarding!

Check out his website and see his interview with Glenn Beck last Thursday night.

Have to get back to reading!! :)

3 comments:

Jason Wright said...

So glad you're enjoying it! ;) That was such fun visiting your students last year.

Jill said...

Cool! Another book to add to my list. How fun Jason wrote to you...you are SPECIAL! lol.

Anonymous said...

What a great recomendation! I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php