Friday, July 10, 2009

Sewing Projects

Since Sammi gets to wear "cute" skirts on her mission, I've been sewing some for her. (I've sewn a couple of "traditional sister-missionary skirts" as well but those aren't nearly as fun!) These two skirts are ADORABLE and pretty easy to make. The instructions on the pleats weren't the best so that took some time. I've really had a good time making them for her!

Then, Sam and I were down to our good friend's house, the Fitzgerald's, showing them the skirts and they showed us purses they had been making! I HATE purses!! But...being an "old lady," I've had to start carrying one. Well, since I love the Vera Bradley purses but can't afford them, these are the next best thing! They are SOOOOO easy to make and SOOOOOOOOOOO fun! I'm only limited by the fabric I use!
This one is being used as my "purse." When I emptied my old one and organized it into this one, there was a TON of room left! Now if I can just keep from loading it all up!

I decided I needed a new scripture bag too! I customized this one to hold my scriptures in the middle, and made the inside pockets to fit my Ensign magazine and the Joseph Smith manual. There's a couple of smaller pockets inside as well for pens and such. The only problem I have with this one is the scriptures are floppy so it makes the bag a bit more floppy. I wish there was some way to make it more stable and upright like my purse. Oh well...



I've got some fabric that is ADORABLE to make a diaper bag-type one. It's really bright and girly. Don't have anyone to give it to at this point but I couldn't pass up the cute fabric for only $2.00 per yard!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

I'm SO jealous!!! I want cute skirts and bags!

Biffy said...

You are homemaker #1! I love these projects!

Jill said...

I can't wait to make more! You are so talented :)

West Family said...

Those projects are adorable! You are so good on that machine!