Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some recent projects

I've spent some time these past few weeks making some projects. I've really had a lot of fun and wish I could do this full time instead of having to go back to school next week! I really LOVE doing this! I hope to be able to build my business throughout this school year.

I got the idea for this first card from Angie Kennedy Juda's blog, "Chic n' Scratch." She has adorable stuff and fun videos for her tutorials. I made a ton of these cards in different colors with coordinating ribbon and bundled them in a cello bag tied with a ribbon. They're so fun to give as a quick gift.

RECIPE:
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Enjoy Every Moment
Accessories: Real Red 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon









This next card is one of my favorites. I found it at the "Stampalicious" blog and just copied it--it's so crisp and clean!
RECIPE (all products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Ink: Stazon Black, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Baja Breeze, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Whisper White
Stamps: Window Dressing Level 3 Hostess set
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch for scallops (I'd use the new Scallop Edge punch now that it's available!), Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, blender pens



These three cards are made with the new "Flower Power Card Elements" kit available in the Fall-Winter Idea Book. I made one set according to the instructions that come with the kit but want to use my own layouts for the rest. These kits are so cool because they come with everything to make 9 cards. I love them!!

Recipe:
Ink: none
used yet--I'll add a sentiment when I give them
Paper: Flower Power Card Elements
Stamps: none yet--I'll add later
Accessories: buttons, ribbon, brads (all included in the
kit!!)






We made this card at Heidi's on Saturday at the "open house" her daughter Jill had with Convention ideas. She does such GREAT stuff--she's amazing!!

Recipe:
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP
Stamps: Wow Flowers
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, silver brad, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
Hint: The cool part of this card is the white is a whole card mounted on top of a chocolate chip rectangle. The finished card is still 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" so it fits in an envelope. SUPER easy and different!)

I had a training for school last week and needed a new bag to carry my stuff in (of course!!). I saw this idea in one of the publications that Stampin' Up! sends to their demonstrators. I loved it and now my daughters want some! I can't wait to order the new Flower Fusion kit and make some in different colors.

Recipe (all products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Ink: Old Olive CRAFT, Pumpkin Pie CRAFT (this is so it will ink on fabric and will be permanent)
Paper: none
Stamps: Doodle This, Time Well Spent Level 3 Hostess Set (retired)
Accessories: Flower Fusion, Earth Elements Colored Buttons, Earth Elements Brads, Pumpkin Pie 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Rose Red 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, embroidery floss, Alene's Tacky Glue, and white canvas bag (purchased at Michaels)

Hint: I used Alene's to glue everything on--including the ribbon! It's there for the duration!!

Of course, I had to have a cute notebook to go along with the bag! It made taking notes so much easier. :)
Recipe:
Ink: none
Paper: Bali Breeze (retired)
Stamps: none
Accessories: Flower Fusion, Pumpkin Pie 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads-Circle Ice and Circle Fire, Alene's Tacky Glue, composition notebook (from WalMart)

I'll post more as I get the pictures taken. Let me know if you have any questions or need any supplies!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I forgot to comment about your blog...but it looks great! Welcome to the blog world. It's so fun! I'm excited to see what's going on in your world now :)