Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Book #6: Plain Truth

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

I've read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and loved it. Her style of writing grabs you from the opening pages and hooks you to the very end. The books also deal with issues that leave you thinking long after the book is finished. 

Plain Truth is very much this type of book. Dealing with the Amish culture is what intrigued me from the beginning (I love anything Amish...we've been to Jamesport, Missouri three times) and it certainly didn't disappoint me. I simply couldn't put the book down...Picoult has definitely got a talent for spinning a story that takes many twists and turns that are completely unexpected!

I also heard this book had been made into a movie for the Lifetime Channel with Mariska Hargitay playing Ellie. I downloaded it from iTunes and just watched it. Really good and true to the book. They left out quite a few details about Ellie that I liked from the book but they were "excess." Good show!!

Pages: 405

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I think I own this book but have yet to read it. Thanks for the review. We read a lot of the same books, are you on goodreads? I have a list of probably 90 books to-read. I am addicted to reading!