Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Book #8: Charlie St. Cloud

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

Oh my goodness!!! What a great book! I was initially attracted to this book because the movie is coming out later this week and we have a "Chick Night" planned for the girls and I to go see it. Then I started reading... First of all, I was absolutely amazed at Ben Sherwood's writing style. He's one of those writers who packs SO MUCH in a paragraph...I read a couple of them to Maddi as we were driving around one day and she was shocked! You knew so much without a lot of details, lot of words, etc., but you KNEW what was happening!! Then you go on with the story. It's incredibly intriguing and heart-wrenching. I instantly fell in love with Charlie because of his love of family and desire to remain connected to those who have passed on from this life. While it doesn't go along with my beliefs, it was a great "What if..." opportunity. Through the middle of the book, I got a bit upset because it wasn't going the way I thought it should but it DEFINITELY redeemed itself by the end. I can't wait to see the movie!! Zac Efron will make a WONDERFUL Charlie St. Cloud!! :)

Pages: 320

No comments: